World Run Day

IMG_2579According to ThatsFit.com, today is World Run Day!  Invented my Bill McDermott, World Run Day is intended to allow people to raise money and go out and run on their own, rather than having to sign up for an organized event.

It’s never too late to go (or run) around the neighborhood and politely ask your neighbors to donate some money for charity.  Simply ask them to donate a dollar for every mile you run.  Even if you only run a couple miles, this can add up!  It’s a great way to meet the neighbors, show them your good nature, and get the whole neighborhood participating in something honorable and humanitarian.

IMG_4360Even if you don’t have the time/patience to walk door-to-door and collect money, utilize World Run Day for your own well-being.  Use the day’s title to motivate you to lace up those shoes and get your legs moving.  Running is a great cardio workout that tones the legs and abs, allowing you to burn anywhere from 600-1000 calories per hour (depending on your size).  Doctors recommend at least 20 minutes of cardio 3-5 times a week.  Make today one of those days, and use World Run Day as an excuse to go the extra mile.  And if you can afford it, take a couple minutes out of your day to contribute a few bucks to your favorite charity.  Both the run and donation will boost your spirits and make you feel great!

November 8, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Happy World Run Day!

November 8, 2009 at 3:54 pm

I didn’t know that about today – how fun!

Christina
    November 8, 2009 at 5:52 pm

you really hsould make that pasta dish…its sooo good! and I had no idea it was national running day! i will be postponing my run until tomorrow…in hopes that my ankle will be able to withstand it!

eatmovelove
    November 8, 2009 at 9:45 pm

I didn’t know that! Hah – and my run was miserable this a.m (just posted about it) – oh well, it’s laugh or cry right ?! :)…usually cry first, laugh later..

Great post as usual1!

Rhandi
    November 9, 2009 at 1:04 am

I am a running freak and I somehow had no idea that today was national running day! Thanks for the info, I will go for a long run tomorrow morning in honor. So true about being able to run anywhere, anytime and being able to turn it into a chance to donate to charity. Great suggestion!

Pam
    November 9, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Congrats on the foodie blogroll!

Have fun!