A Hike in San Fran.

Ah, I think I’m in love with the West Coast already.  It’s so beautiful out here and in such a different way than the East Coast.  I was surprised at how different the greenery out here is in comparison to where I live.  And greener it is.  Although it is winter here, San Francisco temps are still reaching between the mid 50’s and low 60’s, which allows much of the plant life to stay green.  All around where I am staying, moss lines the trees and rocks making my surroundings appear even greener.

I went to Harbin Springs yesterday, just a ten minute drive from where I am staying.  I had a chance to take a beautiful hike…

That's one massive aloe verae plant!

Meditation Tea House at the top of the mountain

Meditation room overlooking the mountain

Hare Krishna

Gorgeous, right?  I will be doing a more formal review of the place where I am staying after the completion of my trip.  In the meantime, I should be posting some more pictures and hopefully sharing some more of my wonderful experiences (such as the time I have spent at these incredibly amazing hot springs!).

kbwood
    January 5, 2010 at 2:40 pm

wow, beautiful girl!! that is breathtaking!

January 5, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I’ve lived in Seattle and LOVED it but have never seen SF; only heard amazing things!!!

Melissa "Melicious" Joulwan
    January 5, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Oooooo! I’m both envious and excited for you. I lived in the Bay Area for 10 years, and I still miss the greenery and the quality of that super-oxygenated air. Take a hike for me!

Abby
    January 5, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Incredibly jealous.. sooo gorgeous!! Enjoy your time!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad
    January 5, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Beautiful pictures! I am excited to hear about the hot springs!

Jenna @ Health and Happiness
    January 5, 2010 at 3:44 pm

The pics already look so beautiful! Can’t wait to see more! The west coast is dreamy isn’t it?? I love love love California, and San Diego is my next destination.

January 5, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Thanks for sharing these amazing photos. I feel more relaxed just looking at them! I’m glad you are enjoying the West Coast. I’ve only been to California once, and it was in LA, which is so different from San Fran. I would love to go there some day and visit friends who live out there. I gotta start saving!

Have a great evening 🙂

January 5, 2010 at 8:28 pm

That looks so amazing. I’m super jealous considering it’s obscenely cold here on the East Coast. Can’t wait to read more!

January 5, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Gorgeous is an understatement! JEALOUS!!! Have fun!

whydeprive
    January 5, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Wow! Those pictures are amazing. I want to go to San Francisco SO badly.

January 6, 2010 at 12:13 am

Beautiful, beautiful photos!

January 6, 2010 at 10:54 am

Oh my gosh, it all looks so beautiful! Can you believe I’ve never been to San Fran??
    I love me some California, but never made it all the way up there or to Sonoma/Napa. 🙁

alex
    January 7, 2010 at 11:41 am

gorgeous pics. There’s just something about living in SF… northern CA is incredible.

I was back home in nj/philly this winter, though, and i have to say ive missed the east coast. Made it into center city to hit Standard Tap in northern liberties (great beer, amazing food), and couldnt help but think, if i had to live anywhere else than SF, it’d have to be philly! i cant lie, though, it’s sooo good to be back in the bay now though. ive acclimated to the area, and philly was wayyy too cold!

Teniah Howell
    January 7, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Looks like my dream place!!! I would love to go there…can’t wait for the full review!

Spirit Springs Review « Food-Fitness-FreshAir
    January 12, 2010 at 7:29 am

[…] rooms weren’t particularly conducive for hanging out in during the day, I chose to spend my time getting outside and being active.  Although I wouldn’t say Spirit Springs itself is located in the prime environment, just ten […]

Bruce
    February 2, 2010 at 6:08 pm

As someone who’s been to Harbin Springs dozens of times, I can attest to its beauty, serenity and ambiance, including during the colder times of the year when the warmer weather population is smaller. Sitting in the soaking pool under the large tree draped over the water, with the rain dripping through the branches and leaves of the tree is mystical and a relaxing experience. The views from the higher elevations, meaning up to a couple of hundred feet above the main activity area of Harbin, are spectacular.
    I must say, too, that Harbin is about a 2 to 2 1/2 hours drive north from San Francisco. If one is interested in visiting then check out its website for complete information about facilities and accommodations.
    Be aware that Harbin is a clothing-optional resort and community. People choosing to remain clothed when out and about, or in any of the waters, to my knowledge, are fully accepted and welcome.
    Thanks for the beautiful scenic photos, and the other photos which give viewers some idea of what one sees during a visit.