Raw Food from Spirit Springs

During my 4 night stay at Spirit Springs (review coming in a few days), I have been consuming all raw food.  This is my first experience of eating more complicated raw dishes, and I have to say they have all been quite tasty.  I don’t think I’ve ever eaten so many nuts in my life!  However, the nuts have been providing the perfect medium for creating dishes with flavors and textures that resemble cooked foods and are a great source of protein as well.  The pictures aren’t the best quality, but below are a few samples of some of the raw eats I’ve been enjoying over the past few days.  I think my favorite so far was the raw oatmeal.

Raw falafel, Salad, and Raw tabbouleh

Raw sweet and sour soup, Raw crackers with guac.

Raw persimmon pie

Raw stuffed portobello mushroom, Sesame green beans

Salad with sprouts and seaweed

Tomato Macadamia Soup

Cashew pudding with blueberries and mango

Raw apple raisin oatmeal

Kiwi/fruit pudding

lessonstolearn
    January 7, 2010 at 7:33 am

What an experience you’ve had there! It looks like such a beautiful and spiritual place. You are going to come home so refreshed! Enjoy the rest of you time on the west coast 🙂

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad
    January 7, 2010 at 7:40 am

Wow, that food looks yummy! Persimmon pie? Sign me up! I have never experiemented with raw foods. I do think it’s intruiging though.

January 7, 2010 at 7:53 am

I’m trying to learn a bit more about raw foods – so are the grains the in tabouli uncooked then? Everything looks great!

January 7, 2010 at 8:16 am

That food looks great. Did you make it all or was it made by retreat people?

Jenna @ Health and Happiness
    January 7, 2010 at 10:18 am

The stuffed portabella mushrooms look insanely delicious! Do they give you any recipes? If so please share!

January 7, 2010 at 10:48 am

All the food looks and sounds amazing!

January 7, 2010 at 11:28 am

Wow, looks like tons of good raw foods. Very interesting items. I especially like the stuffed portabello. That looks really super tasty. Glad you had a nice time.

January 7, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Raw persimmon pie?! It looks fantastic. Actually, all of this food looks amazing. I’m curious to hear more about the raw oats. What makes them raw? Are they just pure oats, straight from harvest? I eat steel cut oats, which I know are not 100% raw, but I would be interested in learning about how or where to find raw oats!

Thanks for sharing your photos, and I can’t wait to hear more.

whydeprive
    January 7, 2010 at 3:08 pm

That all looks so good! Especially the persimmon pie!

kbwood
    January 7, 2010 at 7:27 pm

oh my goodness so much raw lovin in this post!! looks GREAT girl..all of it!

January 7, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Thanks for the raw oat information! I will look up more detail on the ever so helpful, internet! hehe

January 7, 2010 at 8:34 pm

So jealous!!!! Still! Aren’t nuts the best? Mmm mmm mmmm! And Tomato Macadamia Soup…um, YUM!

January 7, 2010 at 9:16 pm

wow what great looking food! I have to agree with Nicole, that soup caught my eye too! along with the pie lol

Gelareh @ Orange Truffle
    January 7, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Wow the food looks awesome… I bet it tasted as amazing as it looks… can’t wait to hear more details.