Food in San Fran.

San Francisco has tons and tons of restaurants, many of which are quite good!  The city also has a pleasantly surprising number of vegetarian, vegan, and raw food restaurants as well.  I didn’t get to go to nearly as many as I would have liked to, but here are my 3 favorite restaurants out of the places I did get to try.

1)  Millennium
580 Geary Street
San Francisco, CA 94102-1650
(415) 345-3900
www.millenniumrestaurant.com

This place was literally the best vegetarian/vegan restaurant in which I’ve ever been!  All of the food is meat and dairy free, but I’m sure it would appeal to almost any meat-eater as well.  I enjoyed the food I ate there so much that I ended up walking out with their cookbook.

Chickpea Cumin Crusted Oyster Mushrooms & Seared Brussel Sprouts with Tofu

Carribean Glazed Tempeh with Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Pickled Carrots, and something else tasty

An incredible seitan dish with a really long name that I can't seem to remember

Chocolate Almond Midnight

2)  Osha Thai Restaurant
2033 Union Street
SF, CA 94110
(415) 567.6742

Cheap, delicious, beautiful food.

Pumpkin curry, red rice, fresh spring rolls

3)  Gracias Madre
2211 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 683.1346

Wonderful organic, vegan (yes vegan!) Mexican food.

Guacamole con TostadasMashed avocado with cilantro, onion, chile and lime Quesadillas de CalabazaButternut squash, caramelized onion and cashew cheese folded into tortillas with a pumpkin seed salsa

Enchiladas con Mole Poblano- Mole enchiladas topped with mushrooms and cheese, served with sauteed greens and beans

January 11, 2010 at 8:06 am

wow, looks like some incredible meals!

January 11, 2010 at 8:07 am

All the food looks amazing. What a beautiful, tasty trip! 🙂

Morgan
    January 11, 2010 at 8:45 am

I ate at Millenium when I visited San Fran and LOVED it! It really surprised me. My favorite restaurant in S.F. is called La Boulangerie (I think). Amazing brunch!

kbwood
    January 11, 2010 at 9:41 am

WOW that tempeh looks GREAT!!!!! im so obessed with it these days!

January 11, 2010 at 12:13 pm

They had a cookbook at the restaurant?! Wow, I’ve never heard of such a thing. I mean, it’s a great idea, as a way to make extra money, but doesn’t that give away their “secrets”? Interesting.

The food all looks so fantastic. I especially LOVE Thai restaurants, and I bet they are amazing in San Fran, compared to hear in Columbus.

Have a great day!

Teniah Howell
    January 11, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Can’t wait for you to try out that new recipe book and share! =) Looks totally amazing!!

Chrysta
    January 11, 2010 at 4:17 pm

oh wow!! what amazing looking food. Im hoping to get up to San Fran soon and Im putting those places on the must go list. Looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

Gelareh @ Orange Truffle
    January 11, 2010 at 4:36 pm

We are going to SF in June for my Friend’s wedding.. I am bookmarking this page so we can try some of these places 🙂

January 11, 2010 at 7:41 pm

That all looks so amazing and delicious. I wish we had spent more time there so we could have tried some more of the foods the city had to offer. We made sure to do some sour dough.

katie
    January 11, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Wow SanFrancisco eats look amazing! I have never been to SanFran but hope to one day!!!! Those places are a must if I do make it out that way!!

Erica @ Fashion meets Food
    January 11, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Hello I just found your blog! That food looks amazing!

January 11, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Oh wow, YUMMMM! I am super jealous! The colors — beautiful!

Oraphan
    January 12, 2010 at 3:50 am

Everything looks absolutely amazing! What a great photographer! Thanks for sharing all these restaurant info, I will give them a try when I go to SF next time!

January 12, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Foood looks awesome. I’d imagine San Fran has some of the best food ever, let alone vegan/raw food too. It looks so yummy!