Easy Homemade Salad Dressing

Salad is the perfect complement to almost any meal.  Its vibrant green color, leafy ruffled texture, and fresh clean taste pairs perfectly with all types of cuisine.  However, the key to keeping salad such the exemplary side dish that it is, it needs to be kept light.  Creamy, heavy dressings can totally ruin the light and refreshingness of the perfect salad.  To ensure this, I prefer to make my own dressings– free of preservatives, light on the fat, and heavy on the flavor.  While even just a simple olive oil and vinegar can complete a salad, sometimes I like to throw in a few other various ingredients to jazz up my salads and even occasionally make them the center of the meal.  The following recipe is one of my favorites and is so easy to prepare that aside from its supreme flavor, you’ll barely even notice it wasn’t store bought.

Homemade Dijon Vinaigrette

-5 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
-2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
-1 1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard, (use coarse ground, if available)
-1/2 tsp. Honey
-Salt and Pepper, to taste

Whisk together all ingredients until combined.  Lightly drizzle over a bed of fresh greens.

March 29, 2010 at 7:59 am

Love this. I hate creamy dressings but I’m crazy about vinegar. I’ve made a version of this (balsamic instead of apple cider vinegar) but I’m definitely going to try this one. I agree with you: A salad only needs a light dressing. Anything too heavy and you’re just eating lettuce with your Ranch dressing!

March 29, 2010 at 10:58 am

Thanks for the recipe. I love making my own dresing at home. I have a great olive mustard that I like to use too in my dressings.

March 29, 2010 at 2:56 pm

thanks for the recipe! that salad looks so refreshing!

March 29, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I love homemade salad dressing, and it’s so easy to change the flavors by using different oils or vinegars/citrus and herbs.

Heather
    March 29, 2010 at 9:29 pm

I’ve been making a similar salad dressing with Dijon mustard, champagne vinegar, honey and olive oil – delicious!

kbwood
    March 30, 2010 at 9:07 am

this sounds SOO good! i love apple cider vinegar-i could drink it! hahah i know that is weird!

March 31, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Sounds light and wonderful! I love homemade dressing so much better than anything commercially sold!

April 2, 2010 at 5:19 am

Oh wow, this dressing looks wonderful!

Jenn@slim-shoppin
    April 3, 2010 at 9:33 pm

That sounds so good!!!

Vito Lindstedt
    February 19, 2013 at 11:12 am

Apple cider vinegar has a reputation for being almost a miracle cure for acne prone skin. While it is very good for eliminating pimples and preventing acne from forming, it is that more efficient for getting rid of acne scars. Apple cider vinegar is produced by fermentation, a process that turns sugar into acetic acid. While all vinegars go through the same process of fermentation, they still keep the flavors and benefits of their ingredients. So using apple vinegar is not the same as using wine vinegar. The latter is much stronger and should not be applied to the skin.`

Take a peek at our own online site as well
    <,http://www.foodsupplementdigest.com/whey-protein-dangers/