Another one of my favorite easy ways to cook up garden vegetables is ratatouille. This dish is so surprisingly simple yet incredibly delicious. It’s also super healthy. The flavors of all of the vegetables seem to melt together in just the right way, creating a no-fuss dish that is sure to impress your friends with its robust taste.
- -2 onions, diced
- -1 bell peppers, diced
- -1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced into semicircles
- -1 medium eggplant, diced
- -4 medium tomatoes, diced or 1-15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- -A generous handful of basil leaves, chopped
- -3 Tbsp. olive oil
- -Salt, to taste
- -Red chili pepper flakes, to taste, optional
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onions and peppers to pan and saute for 5 minutes. Add eggplant and yellow squash to pan and salt and pepper, to taste. Saute for another 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and basil, and cook for another 10 minutes, or until all veggies are tender.
Serve alongside your favorite grain or pasta.