Stir-Fried Garlic Ginger Green Beans

Summer’s last batch of green beans are still rolling in.  What better way to cook those skinny green beans up than to stir fry them with some zing.  With a touch of spice and a little fresh crunch, this recipe is sure to keep you on your tingly toes and have your lips smacking for more.  Pair alongside any of your favorite Asian-inspired dishes.

Stir-Fried Garlic Ginger Green Beans

(serves 3-4)

-1 1b of green beans, ends trimmed

-4 medium garlic cloves, minced

-1 inch ginger, minced

-1 scant Tbsp. soy sauce

-1 wedge of lime

-1/4 tsp. Sriracha, plus more for drizzling

-1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

Cook green beans in boiling water for one minute.  Drain and run under cold water.  With a clean dish towel, dry green beans thoroughly.  Heat olive oil in large skillet.  Add garlic and ginger, and saute for 45 seconds.  Add green beans.  Stir in soy sauce and Sriracha.  Cook for 2-3 minutes, until beans just start to become tender.  Beans should retain bright green color and a bit of crispness.  Squeeze lime over top.  Serve, drizzling extra Sriracha on top, if desired.

vrinda
    September 21, 2010 at 9:12 am

Thanx for visiting our blog n leading to urs…lov anything with garlics and gr8 click…

Eric
    September 21, 2010 at 9:20 am

Garlic, lime, and sriracha are a winning combo on any veggie 😀

Vern Myers
    September 21, 2010 at 11:01 am

Mmmm… looks great! Here in our southern climate, we can get several plantings of beans to mature. Our fall planting is just making the first small beans now, so we will soon have an abundance! Perfect timing on this recipe!

The pesto recipe looks great, also– very similar to our recipe. One of our favorites! We grow our basil in pots, and can shelter them on the back porch when it gets a little cooler. It often produces until the first hard frost, which may not come until late December.

Thanks for sharing these vegetarian delights!

melindard
    September 21, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Looks so good. I actually made something similar, ok not really, I guess only similar because it was green beans. I made some tonight with cumin, black pepper and some green olive mustard.

legalsteroids463
    September 21, 2010 at 6:16 pm

If you want to grow your muscles fast, visit Legal steroids website, read where you can purchase top muscle supplements for cheap

Angela (the diet book junkie)
    September 21, 2010 at 7:26 pm

i really enjoy green beans, but my husband does not (the bum.) this may be a silly question, but what’s sriracha? 🙂

Debbie
    September 22, 2010 at 2:04 am

These sound great, and I am not a green bean eater! But I do love garlic and ginger flavors, nice work 🙂

Kristine
    September 22, 2010 at 9:50 am

An all-time fave. Great with toasted sesame seeds too!

alisonlewis
    September 22, 2010 at 6:05 pm

So glad I found your site! Looks amazing

theexperfectionist
    September 22, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I love green beans. I have some fresh ones in my fridge from my mom’s farm and I plan to throw it in some stir fry on Friday.

bernetintlcomma
    October 20, 2010 at 6:47 am

this is my site qwerereq