First Day of Fall

Today marks the official start of fall.  While this may bring a sea of joy for many, I’m always slightly sad when this day rolls around.  I love the sun, warmth, fireflies, fruit, and everything else so wonderful about the sweet summer days that are slowly slipping from my fingers.  Although I can enjoy parts of every season, I’m a summer girl at heart.

But that doesn’t mean I don’t think fall is absolutely stunning.  I’m not quite ready for cold weather, but I wait in anticipation for the ocean of vivid color to roll through the trees.

Happy First Day of Fall.  Cheers.

Angela (the diet book junkie)
    September 22, 2010 at 7:51 pm

it’s funny, i’ve lived in Oz 3 years, and i still get my seasons backwards. (we’re going into spring right now, but i still equate September with fall.) thanks for sharing the info on siracha sauce. i LOVE spicy food, must check it out! 🙂

September 23, 2010 at 7:12 am

I looooove fall. It’s my favorite season. I still miss the fall in New England, though, where I grew up. Here in VA it’s just not the same. The leaves in New England during this season are breathtaking.

Vern Myers
    September 23, 2010 at 8:49 am

I love fall, but it brings some mixed feelings. In our southern climate, the official onset of fall brings temps that are just beginning to moderate slightly from the intense summer heat. We start getting occasional mild cool fronts that cool us off a bit for a few days before the gulf coast humidity comes back. But it’s also a harbinger of coming short days and long nights. I always miss the longer hours of daylight.

Kate@andwhenshesays
    September 23, 2010 at 9:34 am

GORGEOUS! I admit I’m a fall junkie, but in the early part of the season I think you get some of the very best tastes of that late summer feeling. Keep thinking warm thoughts!

September 23, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Yay for fall, but boo that it will start the rainy season here soon. Today was so nice outside that I went for a bike ride.

September 24, 2010 at 1:20 pm

GORGEOUS photo! I love fall, I’m so glad it’s here!