Roasted Zucchini

Thyme Roasted Zucchini

-Zucchini
-Thyme
-Olive oil
-Salt and pepper
-Marinara sauce, optional

Preheat oven to 400F.  Slice zucchini into long spears.  Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.  Use olive oil to grease the foil.  Lightly coat zucchini with oil and sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper.  Place on pan, skin side down.  Bake 30-35 minutes, or until tender.  Serve alongside sauce, if desired.

Zucchini “Pizza” Poppers

-Zucchini
-Marinara sauce
-Parmesan
-Olive oil

Preheat oven 400F.  Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.  Grease foil with olive oil.  Slice zucchini into thin circles.  Drizzle with olive oil and bake 25-35 minutes, or until tender, flipping halfway.  Remove from oven.  Spoon teaspoon of heated marinara sauce over zucchini.  Top with parmesan cheese.  Serve.

Results:  Both recipes were delicious, although I’d have to say the Zucchini “Pizza” Poppers were my favorite.  Place the circles in a tortilla scoop corn chip, and they’d make perfect party hors d’oeuvre.

November 14, 2010 at 6:55 am

Oooh you make this look so good!

November 14, 2010 at 7:53 am

Yum! I love zucchini. I recently make zucchini/squash frittata and would love to try one of these recipes next!

Heather
    November 14, 2010 at 10:40 am

I love zucchini but my husband hates it! I bet this tastes amazing – I am also drawn to the pizza toppers.

Steph from A Nutritious Plate
    November 14, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Those poppers do look delicious! Even though I’m not a huge fan of zucchinis, I think this may be one way that I will enjoy this veggie. I’ll have to try it some day!

November 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Both recipes sound great! I haven’t used thyme in a long time, but I love it.

Baking Serendipity
    November 14, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Those zucchini poppers look fantastic! They would make such an impressive and delicious appetizer. Thanks for the recipe 🙂

Angela (the diet book junkie)
    November 14, 2010 at 9:23 pm

i love how your recipes are totally do-able! unforunately, i’m in the same boat with Heather: (love zucchini, but the husband does not.) maybe i’ll tell him it’s something else??:p

lizlivingvegan
    November 15, 2010 at 9:55 am

Wow that looks so good! I just found your blog, and I’m glad I did, because I’m always looking for new ways to use up my zucchini! Yummy! (It’s like a way better version of those little bagel bite things I used to eat as a kid! haha)

melindard
    November 15, 2010 at 11:19 am

I like this! So easy and I bet so tasty.