Chocolate Pomegranate Overnight Oats

While I wasn’t overly-enthused about Pamela’s Gluten-Free Brownie Mix in the form of brownies as a non-gluten intolerant individual, I have found some other tasty ways to utilize the mix.  Like, in my new favorite way to eat oats:  Overnight Oatmeal.  Just like the first overnight oats recipe I posted, I once again stuck with the pomegranate kick I’m currently on and threw in a few of those ruby red seeds.  But feel free to use whatever other fruit you have lying around on the counter.   If you’ve got a ripe banana, use it before the fruit flies do.  Sliced bananas would go perfectly with the chocolate-PB combo going on in this recipe.

Chocolate Pomegranate Overnight Oats

1/2 cup rolled oats
-1/2 cup soymilk
-2 Tbsp. Pamela’s Brownie Mix
-1 Tbsp. peanut butter
-2 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Wrap, and refrigerate overnight.  Serve the next morning.

January 20, 2011 at 7:29 am

oh what a creative use!

movesnmunchies
    January 20, 2011 at 8:41 am

YUMMY!! for real i love the pomegranate!

January 20, 2011 at 8:49 am

Very innovative! I would never think to add brownie mix to oats, but I’m sure it tastes delicious paired with some juicy pomegranate! I’m so sad that pomegranate season is coming to a close 🙁

Heather
    January 20, 2011 at 9:47 am

I love pomegranate and was very disappointed when they did not have it at the grocery store last weekend. I’m hoping they are back this weekend!

I’m sure they go out of season soon!

Creative idea to add the brownie mix to the oats – I love anything chocolate.

January 20, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Sounds & looks delicious! Glad you found a good use for the mix! 🙂

Nicole, RD
    January 21, 2011 at 8:04 am

I am YET to make overnight oats…so silly of me! I do always have pomegranate seeds in the freezer on stand by, though…LOVE them in oats!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking
    January 21, 2011 at 9:43 am

Wow I love pomegranate seeds but have never tried them in my oatmeal. Look forward to trying this. Great Blog!

January 21, 2011 at 9:49 am

Hey Grace! I wanted to respond to your comment about the coffee grinder. I doubt it would be a good idea to use it for butters, as I had to process the walnuts and almonds for several minutes (about 4-5). So, the coffee grinder probably isn’t meant to go for that long!

melindard
    January 21, 2011 at 11:44 am

Nice use for the mix. I have not tried overnight oats, and I am not sure I will entirely like them, but I do think I need to try it out.

Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats « Food-Fitness-FreshAir
    July 28, 2011 at 5:44 am

[…] motivation for me to crave oatmeal on a consistent basis.  However, lately I’ve been eating overnight oats on the reg. and am still looking forward to them each morning they await my spoon.  Below is my […]