Sometimes a salad can taste so refreshing in the summer. It’s crisp and rehydrating and won’t weigh you down as long as you keep the dressing in line with the lightness of the leaves. I particularly love to enjoy salads at this point in the year when the lettuce is powering out in the garden and the strawberries are just beginning to dress themselves in that sweet, deep red. The two make a wonderful pair, with the strawberries adding a nice fruity touch to the typical acidity of salad vinaigrette.
For this salad, I added some fresh mint to the mix and a coconut lime vinaigrette for a bowl full of summery flavor. Be sure to run the coconut oil under warm water to loosen it up, otherwise you’ll have a dressing that won’t come together when whisked.
- For the Salad:
- -6-8 strawberries, sliced
- -2 sprigs of mint, julienned/chopped
- -Feta, crumbled, 2 handfuls
- -5-6 cups of lettuce (A buttery variety or a baby romaine)
- -Coconut Lime Vinaigrette (See recipe below)
- Coconut Lime Vinaigrette
- For the Vinaigrette:
- -Juice of one lime
- -1 1/2-2 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil, melted
- -1/2 tsp. sugar
- -Small pinch of salt
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together until well-combined. Toss salad materials in a large bowl, and then drizzle with vinaigrette.