This is about the most grown-up version of PB&J I’ve ever made. Although, coming from a kid at heart, it’s pretty safe to say these would be 100% kid approved. (Just don’t try to pass them off as a substitute for PB&J because we all know there’s room for both in this world).
I had some rice papers leftover from my first go at making summer rolls and couldn’t wait to put the stretchy, noodley envelopes to use again. While I don’t think I could ever get sick of the Tofu Vegetable variation, strawberry season got me all excited and inspired this sweet version of summer rolls. You can’t really go wrong with rice papers as long as the combination you put inside tastes delicious together prior to getting gifted into a neat little package. I didn’t have to think twice about the strawberry, banana and peanut butter marriage I chose to proclaim for this occasion.
A simple honey lime sauce makes this breakfast/snack/dessert feel extra decadent. This would also make a great party dish to wow your friends. They’ll never guess how easy it was to make.
- -3 bananas, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- -8-10 ripe strawberries, halved and sliced
- -All natural chunky peanut butter
- -8 sheets rice paper wrappers
- -1/4 cup honey
- -3 tsp. lime juice
- Whisk honey and lime juice together and set aside.
- Fill a wide bowl 1/3-full with warm water. Dip a rice paper wrapper into the water, making sure it remains flat and doesn't start to fold on itself. Let it sit for a few seconds to soften. Meanwhile, place a clean kitchen towel on top of a cutting board. Remove rice wrapper from bowl of water and place flat on the towel.
- Line wrapper with 2 layers of banana strips and one layer of strawberries. Drizzle peanut butter on top of banana layer.
- Fold ends of rice paper over filling, then fold the side closest to you over the top and start rolling away from you, to form a roll. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Slice in half, and serve with honey lime dipping sauce.