I’m declaring this the raddest snack of the season. Hence why I’m bringing you another Radish Toast recipe after this variation with Asparagus Pesto a few weeks ago. This is that guy’s simpler, but equally as rad counterpart.
This is an annual favorite, and it’s been showing up at my table quite a bit this year. Cheers to having a garden full of radishes. (Expect another radish recipe coming your way, soon.)
It’s seriously the definition of rad.
- 5 simple ingredients
- Assembly time of 5 minutes or less
- Healthy & seasonal
Because who has time for elaborate snacks when the weather outside is so nice? Aside from the occasional rainy Saturday or coffee+music filled Sunday spent indoors, those days full of cooking begin to dwindle once June rolls up. Luckily, recipes like this prove you can have plenty of outdoor time and good eats, too – no sacrifice needed.
The result of this particular recipe is a creamy, and crispy, ever-so-satisfying snack. If you want throw a fried egg on top, and call it a lunch.
You may wish to also play with the herbs and spices you choose to use. My favorite alt. to this is to add a sprinkle of cumin on top, derived from whole seeds that’ve been given a toast on the stovetop and a fine ground from a mortar and pestle. (You can also use a spice grinder.)
- -4 slices of sourdough bread or sourdough english muffins
- -2 ripe avocados
- -3 radishes, thinly sliced
- -1 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- -Coarse salt, to sprinkle
- -Red chili pepper flakes, to taste
- Toast the bread.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado with a fork. When toast is ready, spread a generous layer of avocado on top. Sprinkle with cilantro and coarse salt. Divide radishes among the toast. Finish with a pinch of red chili pepper flakes, per slice of bread.
- Serve and enjoy!