I love dinner parties. Call it a taco party, and I’ll love the occasion even more.
Tasked with creating something outside of a taco for a recent rooftop gathering, this light and vegan slaw was born.
It calls on cilantro and lime to add a punch of flavor. You could also throw in a few dashes of cumin.
- 1/2 medium-lg. green cabbage
- 1/2 sm. red cabbage
- 1 small jalapeno, de-seeded and minced
- 3-4 scallions, depending on how large they are, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro (about 1/2 cup), chopped
- Scant 1/2 cup Vegenaise or other vegan mayo
- 1 lg. lime, juiced
- Salt, to season
- Thinly slice the cabbage in a food processor using slicing disk, or thinly slice by hand. Transfer cabbage to a large bowl.
- Use paper towels to squeeze cabbage and remove any excess water. Add jalapeno, scallions and cilantro. Stir in Vegenaise and lime juice. Stir, and season with a few dashes of salt. Taste, and adjust salt as needed. Serve.