These are fancier than my normal PB&Js. But I’d bet they’d get a kid’s thumb of approval.
A classic combination of strawberries, banana and peanut butter fill the inside of these summer rolls. And they’re paired with a simple honey lime sauce for an added sweet and tangy punch.
- -3 bananas, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- -8-10 ripe strawberries, halved and sliced
- -All natural chunky peanut butter
- -8 sheets rice paper wrappers
- -1/4 cup honey
- -3 tsp. lime juice
- Whisk honey and lime juice together and set aside.
- Fill a wide bowl 1/3-full with warm water. Dip a rice paper wrapper into the water, making sure it remains flat and doesn't start to fold on itself. Let it sit for a few seconds to soften. Meanwhile, place a clean kitchen towel on top of a cutting board. Remove rice wrapper from bowl of water and place flat on the towel.
- Line wrapper with 2 layers of banana strips and one layer of strawberries. Drizzle peanut butter on top of banana layer.
- Fold ends of rice paper over filling, then fold the side closest to you over the top and start rolling away from you, to form a roll. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Slice in half, and serve with honey lime dipping sauce.